Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meeting Timothy

This past week has been one of the best of my life and it's all because of a bundle of joy weighing 8 pounds and 14 ounces.  My nephew, Timothy Ryan McNulty, was born at 10:41 on Tuesday morning and he is absolutely amazing!  From the moment I got to hold him shortly after his birth feelings of love, connection and protectiveness flooded in and they were amazing things to feel.  There's something so precious about a newborn baby.  When I get to hold this little guy it's like time stands still and all is right in the world.

I'm so thrilled to finally be an aunt and I'm excited to be able to be a part of his life.  I'm also so proud of my brother and sister-in-law.  No matter how many curve balls they were thrown throughout the labour and delivery they just rolled with the punches and kept their focus.  It was a truly amazing thing to witness and I'm thankful that they were so open to sharing the process with us.  We spent most of Monday and Tuesday camped out at the hospital and it was an interesting experience to say the least!

On Tuesday night after coming home from the hospital I went and "randomly" flipped open my Bible and wouldn't you know it, but the page opened on 2 Timothy!  My eyes fell to this verse and I knew at that moment that God has some remarkable plans for this little life: "Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 2:1)

Thank God for little miracles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!