Monday, July 06, 2009

Reminder Of A Promise


I saw this rainbow on the drive home from the cottage and my friend and I pulled over, just to take it in. While looking at it's beauty, I was reminded of this promise:
God continued, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you. I'm putting my rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. From now on, when I form a cloud over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll remember my covenant between me and you and everything living, that never again will floodwaters destroy all life. When the rainbow appears in the cloud, I'll see it and remember the eternal covenant between God and everything living, every last living creature on Earth." (Genesis 9:12-16, The Message)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sweet photo!!!

roughterrain crane said...

Wow, fantastic! Thank you for showing us a great photo.