Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blessings In Disguise

Last night I went to bed ultra-annoyed. I'm sick with a cold that I can't shake and wouldn't you know it, but over the past week I've had a case of insomnia on top of the apnea. Which for me has meant being dead tired all day, then coming to life at about 11:00 and parking myself in front of the TV watching re-runs until some ungodly hour when I can fall asleep, then going into my sleep apnea state.

To put it mildly I was annoyed by the inconvenience. I know how much school work I still have to finish before Christmas and I know that my cold wasn't going to be leaving without some rest, which I also know I'm not getting.

But this morning I woke up with a different perspective. As I stumbled out of my room I saw breakfast laid out for me on the table with an extra-large double double. But more than food and an injection of caffeine, I saw love. I saw that I'm not alone in my struggles and that I'm going to get through this in one piece.

God will provide for me as He always has and He will give me the strength I need to push through every day until I am better. And in the meantime I have a roof over my head, a wonderful family who cares, and more blessings that I deserve. Sleep apnea may rob me of my rest, but it can't rob me of that!

No comments: