Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The power of music

I will never cease to be amazed at how powerfully music can speak to us. From the choruses of Bach to the emotionally powered Dashboard Confessional to the praise songs that fill our Sunday mornings, music speaks to us.

This past week I got an email about the power of music that literally moved me to tears (which isn't an easy thing to do). Music speaks and music moves.

Speaking of music, today my copy of Gavin Mikhail's CD "Like Normal People Do" came in the mail. I've never been more excited to get a CD.

Ever since being referred to Gavin's myspace a few weeks ago, I have become a huge fan of his music. I purchased his first album "Personal Beauty Needs" from itunes and it's incredible. I come into contact with a lot of good artists through the radio show, but this guy is one of the best I've heard. The funny thing about it is Gavin is not a "Christian artist", yet his music has inspired me more than any other CD I've heard this year.

If you have even two extra moments, check out Gavin's website and listen to the songs there. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: