Thursday, February 23, 2006

God's Provisions

So my business cards came in today, take a look:


Normally I wouldn't make such a purchase, but thanks to a very generous gift, this year I will be attending GMA Week in Nashville where I'm told having a business card comes in very handy.

But what does this have to do with anything? Stay with me for a minute.

In Matthew 6:32-33 Jesus gave us an amazing promise when He said:

"Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

And I have seen the promise of that verse delivered over and over again.

Even recently. In December I received a phone call telling me that I was being given an all-expense paid trip to GMA Week and the awards ceremony afterwards. Now I know very well that I could never have been able to pay for the trip on my own, but God provided through the generosity of another radio station. And this went way beyond providing for daily needs.

Then just this week I had another experience with God's provisions. I make my income by doing computer consulting and instruction on the side, but because of my illness I have had to turn down a lot of jobs over the past couple of the months, so funds have been really tight.

But then the other day I was going through my mail and found a letter from the university that I attend. Also in the envelope was a check for a couple hundred dollars! It turns out I was the one student picked for an award that I never even applied for- talk about a blessing!

And so on March 31st I will be leaving Timmins for a week in Music City USA where I will meet many of the artists that I play on the radio show and I will have the opportunity to be trained by some of the best broadcasters in the industry. And not only is everything provided for from the plane ticket to the hotel to my admission to the events, but now thanks to another provision, I will even have some spending money in my pocket!

Thank you Lord for the gifts you send our way and forgive me for all the times I question first and trust second.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen-
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news. I'm so excited for you and I know you will learn some valuable stuff during the GMA Week. God is an awesome God!!!!!